I’ve got a new coaching programs page that I’m pretty proud of because it’s just more … authentic. As part of it, I wrote up ten reasons why you deserve a life coach and why I’ve been coached (I’ve fit all of these descriptions at one time or another). If this resonates with you, then do yourself a big favor and get in touch with me. I’ve got some goodies for you.
10 reasons why YOU deserve a life coach.
1. Because you’re unhappy and you don’t know why.
Is this you? If you were like me then everything in your life looks pretty good. You’ve got a good job. You pay your bills. You have a partner. You’ve got a warm house and food on the table. A lot of people don’t have those things … and yet, you still feel like crap.
2. Because you know your stress isn’t helping your health.
When you get angry, the feeling settles in your stomach. Most of the time you walk around with what seems like a knot in your belly. You think it’s anxiety, but you’re just not sure what you’re so anxious about. You have a vague idea that this stress and celiac disease or gluten intolerance somehow feed off of each other. You would be right.
3. Because you used to have the teeniest, tiniest eating disorder.
Okay, maybe it was bigger than that, and maybe you still struggle. A little. Okay, a lot. Now that you’re over it, a celiac disease and food sensitivity diagnosis are making you feel … what’s the word … ugh, crazy? Been there.
4. Because you don’t understand why food is so easy for some people.
I mean, seriously. There’s that woman. You know the one I’m talking about. You just grit your teeth every time you see her skinny ass at the grocery store. She doesn’t seem to mind existing on … nothing. You wish you could.
5. Because you never want to see a diet book again.
You’ve read them all, by the way. In fact, you’re mad at yourself for failing to qualify for gastric bypass surgery. It would be so much easier than following the latest fad no-carb diet. You don’t believe in good food or bad food or calorie counting. And yet … at the back of your mind, you still think it’s possible to someday have the perfect diet. Well, to just be perfect would be nice.
6. Because you have panic attacks. End of story.
7. Because deep down you’d like to control everybody. I mean everybody.
Of all the things that bother you, relationships are the biggest. You don’t want to be mean, but sometimes the inner bitch just comes out and you can’t help it. Thank god your partner doesn’t seem to listen half the time. Plus, there’s that person at work that makes you want to scream!
8. Because you struggle with your body. With pain. Sometimes you just want to weep.
You can’t understand why you have symptoms when you eat something safe to eat. You hate that you read gluten-free food blogs like porn. You just want to be normal again.
9. Because you feel overwhelmed. Stuck. Discouraged.
There are times when it literally feels like you can’t go on. You look at the floor of your office longingly. You really just want a nap. Why can’t someone let you have a freakin’ nap?
10. Because you’re just plain ‘ol tired of faking it and trying to be someone that you’re not for other people’s approval.
Is this you? Let’s chat.